Contract Deaf of the Hard and Hearing Teacher (DHH) | 2022-2023 School Year
Deaf of the Hard and Hearing Teacher | San Jose, California
ProCare Therapy is contract staffing and recruiting agency. We help staff school districts across the United States with qualified teachers and nurses.
We are working with a school district in the San Jose area that is need of a deaf of hard and hearing teacher for the entire 2022-2023 school year. This position will be contracted for the entire school year and will have the opportunity to renew for the next school year.
As a contracted employee of ProCare Therapy you will receive weekly compensation, benefits through United Healthcare and a 401K.
If you are interested in a job with a great work life balance, please apply. If you have any further questions about this position my information can be found below.
Job Type: Contract Deaf of Hard and Hearing Teacher (DHH)
- Full time: 7 hours/day
- School Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Start: August 2022 End: June 2023
- Caseload size: 10-14 students
- Caseload age: Preschool - High School
- Evaluates physical, self-help, social academic and communication competencies for each student appropriate to age level
- Plans and implements educational objectives as strategized and agreed to by staff and parents on the current Individual Education Plan
- Develops sequential lesson plans and provides appropriate instructional materials
- Establishes a functional and stimulating environment which encourages the development of a positive self image
- Interfaces with additional professional staff psychologist, nurse, speech therapist, audiologist, etc.) to meet special needs of students
- Provides for supervision of class at all times in an orderly fashion
- Communicates with parents on total program, student' s individual program needs and progress, and carryover between home and school
- Ensures each child is wearing appropriate amplification
- Attends audiological exams with the child when possible; when applicable
- Supervises paraprofessionals, interpreters, volunteers, parents, and student teachers working in the classroom
Knowledge, abilities and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in teaching children in need of special education; knowledge of, and ability to implement the intent of federal and state mandates for special education in a classroom setting; ability to communicate successfully with parents and staff
- Demonstrates competency in the use of total communication by passing a sign language competency test
- Utilizes total communication to effect the student' s language and speech competencies: auditory training, speech, lip reading, finger spelling and signed English
- Works with regular classroom teachers in mainstreaming hearing impaired students in hearing classes
- Supervises and assists in meeting the personal needs of students: feeds, toilets and lifts students when necessary.
- Education Specialist Instruction Credential Deaf & Hard of Hearing or other valid California Special Education Credential authorizing the teaching of hearing impaired students
- Previous school experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Weekly pay
- Competitive compensation
- 401k matching
- Insurance provided through United Health Care: Medical, dental & vision
- Referral bonus program
- License & continuing education reimbursements
We are actively working with a school district in the San Jose area that is looking to hire a contract deaf of hard and hearing teacher! Salary for this opening is negotiable and will be experience-based.
Director of Educational Resources
Recent DHH Jobs
- Shelton, WA
- Arlington Heights, IL
- Alexandria, VA
- San Francisco , CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Chandler, AZ
- San Jose, CA
- Minneapolis, MN
- Kennedale, TX
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.