Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Extended School Year (ESY) Teacher - Algonquin, IL
Location: Evanston, IL
Contract Duration: June 7 - June 30, 2023
Orientation Dates: June 7th and June 8th, 8:45am - 3:00pm
Program Dates: June 9th - June 30th, 8:45am - 3:00pm (no school on June 19th)
Caseload: Case management for 5 students
Student Ages: 18 - 22 years
Student Disabilities: Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Intellectual Impairments, Down Syndrome, Autism
Support Staff: Staffed with 3 Signing Aides
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with disabilities in the DHH program.
- Provide instruction and support to students based on their individualized needs and goals.
- Create a positive and inclusive learning environment for students.
- Adapt instructional strategies and materials to meet students' unique learning styles.
- Collaborate with support staff, including signing aides, to ensure effective communication and student engagement.
- Monitor students' progress and make data-driven decisions to inform instructional practices.
- Conduct assessments to determine students' strengths, needs, and progress.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians and other members of the IEP team to develop and review goals and services.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation and records.
- Collaborate with related service providers to address students' specific needs, such as speech therapy or occupational therapy.
- Valid state teaching certification or licensure in Special Education with a specialization in Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
- Experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing and have additional disabilities, such as intellectual impairments, Down Syndrome, or Autism.
- Familiarity with American Sign Language (ASL) and the ability to communicate effectively with students using ASL.
- Knowledge of best practices in special education and instructional strategies for students with diverse needs.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with support staff and other professionals.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive and inclusive learning environment.
Office: (678) 451-1025
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher Needed For Next School Year 2023-2024 - Merced, CAMerced, CA
Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher in Anchorage, AKAnchorage, AK
Fall Semester Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher Needed For Next School Year- Kingston, PAKingston, PA
Deaf and Hard Hearing Teacher (DHH) Job Open Near Sandy Springs , SCSandy Springs , SC
Deaf/Hard of Hearing Teacher - Need for Remainder of 2023Dobson, NC
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Teacher Job Kingston, PAKINGSTON, PA
Deaf and Hard Hearing Teacher (DHH) Job Open In San Francisco , CASan Francisco , CA
Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing - 22/23 Term (Remote)Home, IN
Medford, OR - Full-Time Deaf and Hard of Hearing TeacherMedford, OR
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.