Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHH) Need in Ukiah, California
Soliant Health is looking for a Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) teacher to be responsible for providing specialized education and support to students who have hearing impairments. They will help these students develop the necessary skills and adapt to an inclusive educational environment.
- Conduct assessments to determine students' hearing levels and communication needs.
- Collaborate with a team to develop and implement Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) tailored to each student's unique needs.
- Plan and deliver instruction using various teaching strategies and materials to accommodate different learning styles and communication methods (e.g., American Sign Language, oral communication, cued speech).
- Teach academic subjects, life skills, and social skills to students.
- Facilitate effective communication between students and their peers, teachers, and support staff.
- Familiarity with and utilization of assistive technology, such as hearing aids, cochlear implants, FM systems, and communication devices.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, and other professionals to create an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
- Regularly assess and document students' progress, adjusting instructional plans as necessary.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education or a related field.
- Appropriate teaching certification for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education.
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and other communication modalities.
- Knowledge of deaf culture and sensitivity to the unique needs of deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
-Must be eligible to work in the United States
If you are interested apply as soon as possible to be considered. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this position, or any other positions you see on the Soliant Health website.
Account Executive | Soliant Health
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Home, AZ
- New Haven, CT
- New Haven, CT
- Home, IN
- Vancouver, WA
- Providence, RI
23/24 School Year | North of Charleston, SC | Primary School Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT)Moncks Corner, SC
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Huntington Park, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.