Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher Needed Near Greer, South Carolina
Deaf and Hard of Hearing position available near Greer, South Carolina
Soliant Schools is searching for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for a contract position near Greer. They are looking for an Experienced Deaf Education Teacher to add to their team, however, new graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This is a full time position providing itinerant services to a K-12 case load.
The Teacher, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program teaches individuals with hearing disabilities, providing a program and instruction to promote cognitive, academic, communication and language, behavioral and social, and physical development. You will provide educational support to students within the district who are deaf or hearing impaired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and records monthly work schedule in electronic calendar (Outlook) at least 30 days in advance and records any changes as they occur to ensure accurate IEP scheduling.
- Acts as case manager for students enrolled in his/her case load which includes but is not limited to:
- Prepares future Individualized Education Plan (IEP) forms utilizing web-based IEP system.
- Receives and distributes reports for service provider unable to attend IEP.
- Notifies administrator and/or staff regarding student information or assessment plans.
- Cochairs each IEP following a prescribed format; completes web-based IEP paperwork within prescribed time period;
- Ensures a copy of delivery of the signed IEP to administrator.
- Diagnoses and programs instruction for individual learners.
- Plans, administers, and interprets student evaluations.
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians, and significant others.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and works on individual education-related needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and/or outside agencies providing service to the student and family.
- 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday- Friday
- Bell schedule is determined by school district
- South Carolina Deaf Education License
- Preferred: Previous experience working as a Teacher of the Deaf in a public school
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Weekly compensation
- Direct deposit
Candidates who meet requirements will be considered. Send an updated resume with references to [email protected] or call 470-482-6533 after applying. For more information on Soliant or the positions available, please call the number above.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Groveton, VAAre you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing? Join our team as a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT) and help shape the educational journey of our students. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is committed to providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized ed
- Fort Hunt, VAAre you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing? Join our team as a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT) and help shape the educational journey of our students. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is committed to providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized ed
- Eureka, CAWe're seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to join our team in Eureka, CA. If you're committed to making a positive impact on students' lives and have the expertise to work with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, we want to hear from you! Position Details: Location: Eureka, CA Email: [email protected] Job Type: Full-Time Pay: Competitive Hourly Rate ($37-43+/hour) Responsibilitie
- Alrington, VAJoin our dedicated team as a Full-Time Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Arlington, VA. We are passionate about providing quality education and support to students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Create and implement engaging lesson plans tailored to the needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment. Collaborate with fellow educators, parents, and support staff to ensu
- Arlington, VADHH Teaching Opportunity in Virginia! ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher for an exciting job opportunity in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about providing quality education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we want to hear from you! Job Title: DHH Teacher Location: Arlington, VA Employment type: Fulltime / 35-40 hrs. per week Caseloa
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in Arlington, VA looking for someone to join their team as a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher for this school year! See below for additional details: Job Type: Full 23/24 SY Multiple school sites 35-40 hours per week K-12 Onsite More details discussed upon interview Qualifications Must have DHH credentials in VA Previous school experience preferred
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy is seeking a dedicated and qualified Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) for a full-time position in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with hearing impairments, we want to hear from you! Key Details: Location: Arlington, VA Start Date: ASAP Position: Full-Time License: VA DHH License required Responsibilities: Provide specialized instruction to students w
- Chicago, ILI am working with a school district near Chicago, IL that is in need of a Deaf/Hard of Hearing Teacher for the upcoming school year. This job will be: Part-time 15 hours per week Work with 2 students with varied disabilities and disorders Perform basic TDHH duties, work with staff and parents Qualifications Required: Active IL TDHH License Previous experience is preferred Please apply here today to be
- Mooresville, INAre you a dedicated Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing seeking a rewarding full-time position in Mooresville, IN? Look no further! We have an exciting opportunity available for immediate hire. Position Details: Location: Mooresville, IN Start Date: ASAP Type: Full-Time Salary: Competitive Hourly Pay Requirements: Valid certification as a Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Passion for fostering an inclusive learning enviro
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.