Deaf And Hard of Hearing Teacher Position Available Near Dallas, Texas
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher plays a crucial role in providing specialized education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing in Dallas, TX. This position requires expertise in working with students who have varying degrees of hearing loss and may utilize different communication methods, such as sign language, lip-reading, or assistive listening devices.
Instructional Planning: Develop and implement individualized educational plans (IEPs) for students with hearing loss, considering their unique needs and learning styles. Plan and deliver appropriate lessons, adapting instructional materials and techniques to meet each student's requirements.
Language and Communication Development: Foster language and communication skills in students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Teach sign language, auditory training, lip-reading, and other communication techniques. Promote effective communication in the classroom and encourage students to express themselves clearly.
Curriculum Adaptation: Modify curriculum content, instructional methods, and assessments to ensure accessibility and inclusivity for students with hearing loss. Collaborate with general education teachers and support staff to ensure students can access the core curriculum effectively.
Assistive Technology: Integrate and utilize assistive listening devices, captioning systems, visual aids, and other relevant assistive technologies to enhance students' learning experiences. Train students in using these devices and provide technical support as needed.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborate with parents, caregivers, special education professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach to student support. Attend and actively participate in Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings, multidisciplinary team meetings, and parent-teacher conferences.
Progress Monitoring: Regularly assess and monitor students' progress in academic, social, and communication skills. Maintain accurate records and reports to track individual student growth and development. Share progress updates with parents and colleagues.
Emotional and Behavioral Support: Provide a supportive and inclusive learning environment where students feel safe and respected. Address behavioral issues and develop strategies to manage challenging behaviors effectively.
Professional Development: Stay current with best practices, research, and advancements in the field of deaf and hard of hearing education. Participate in relevant professional development activities, conferences, and workshops to enhance teaching skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- Certification in Deaf Education or Special Education (specific to Deaf and Hard of Hearing).
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) and other relevant communication methods.
- Knowledge of assistive listening devices, augmentative and alternative communication systems, and other relevant technologies.
- Strong understanding of the unique educational and social-emotional needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Ability to adapt and differentiate instruction to accommodate various learning styles and abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with students, parents, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for working with students with hearing loss.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to special education.
- Previous experience in a similar role or working with individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing is preferred.
Pay will be determined by schools salary schedule.
To apply complete the online application or submit a copy of your resume directly to [email protected]
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Cleveland, OH
- Hudson, OH
- San Jacinto, CA
- Downey, CA
- Downey, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Chicago, IL
- San Francisco, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.