Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teaching Opportunity - Salem, OR
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher to join our team in Salem, OR.
- Teach and mentor students who are deaf or hard of hearing in a variety of subjects, such as English, math, science, and social studies.
- Develop and implement Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for each student, in collaboration with parents, other teachers, and related service providers.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies and technologies to promote student learning and engagement, including American Sign Language (ASL), visual aids, and assistive technology.
- Collaborate with other teachers, support staff, and administrators to ensure that students with disabilities have access to a high-quality education and are included in all aspects of school life.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to families of students who are deaf or hard of hearing, including information on community resources, advocacy, and communication strategies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or related field.
- Valid teaching license with an endorsement in Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) from the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC).
- Knowledge and understanding of ASL and Deaf Culture, as well as the diverse needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Experience working with students with disabilities, preferably in a school setting.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and work effectively under pressure.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $33.00+ hourly - dependent on experience
- Weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) matching program
- Licensing and continued education reimbursements
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Please email an updated resume to [email protected] to apply.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
Tele-Health-Certified C-Print Captionist In Pennsylvania (PA)West Chester, PA
VIRTUAL-Certified C-Print Captionist In Pennsylvania (PA)Scranton, PA
Telecommuting- Certified C-Print Captionist In Pennsylvania (PA)Gettysburg, PA
(Virtual or On-Site) Full Time Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHHT) Kenansville, NCKenansville, NC
Fully Remote-Certified C-Print Captionist In Pennsylvania (PA)pittsburgh, PA
Deaf and hard of Hearing Teacher ( DHHT) Job in Portland, Oregon | 23/24 School YearPortland, OR
Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Full Time PA Fully RemotePhiladelphia, PA
Onsite or virtual DHH teacher needed in WyomingCheyenne, WY
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher - Longmeadow, MALongmeadow, MA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.