Deaf/Hard of Hearing Specialist | 23/24 School Year
Job Details: ASL preferred but not required
Position type: Full-Time
Caseload: K-5; 10-15 Students
Pay range: $34-38/hour
- Provide specialized instruction to students with hearing loss, adapting curriculum and materials to meet individual needs and learning styles.
- Create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students, setting appropriate goals and objectives.
- Utilize various teaching strategies and technologies to enhance communication and maximize learning outcomes.
- Utilize American Sign Language (ASL) and other communication modalities to facilitate effective communication with students and support their language development.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other professionals to ensure that the educational needs of DHH students are met across all subjects and settings.
- Assess student progress, track data, and provide ongoing feedback to students, parents, and the educational team.
- Act as a resource and advocate for DHH students, promoting awareness and understanding of hearing loss and deaf culture within the school community.
- Stay updated on best practices, assistive technologies, and research in the field of Deaf and Hard of Hearing education.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education.
- Valid teaching certification in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of specialized instructional strategies and accommodations for students with hearing loss.
- Familiarity with assistive technologies and adaptive equipment used by DHH students.
- Ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters student growth and self-advocacy.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills to work effectively with colleagues, parents, and support staff.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
- Tax-free stipends available to those who qualify.
Upon submitting your application, qualified candidates can contact Lucy Malone at (678) 459-1104, or by email at [email protected], for next steps.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Home, AZ
- New Haven, CT
- New Haven, CT
- Home, IN
- Vancouver, WA
- Providence, RI
23/24 School Year | North of Charleston, SC | Primary School Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT)Moncks Corner, SC
- Tuscaloosa, AL
- Huntington Park, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.