Deaf & Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHH) - Full-Time South Carolina
Seeking a passionate and qualified Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher to join our inclusive educational team. As a DHH Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in empowering students with hearing impairments by providing specialized instruction, fostering a supportive learning environment, and utilizing innovative teaching strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Gather supplies, and equipment for each lesson ready at the start of the study or instructional activity
Whole-class instruction and small-group instruction
Monitor the behavior of all students during whole-class, small group, and seat work activities and transitions between instructional activities
Introduce the study or instructional activity and specific learning objectives when appropriate; speaks fluently and precisely; present the lesson or instructional activity using concepts and language understandable to the students; provide relevant examples and demonstrations to illustrate concepts and skills
Conduct lesson or instructional activity at a brisk pace, slowing presentations when necessary for student understanding but avoiding slowdowns; makes transitions between classes and between instructional activities within lessons efficiently and smoothly
Education and Certification: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field is typically required.
Certification or licensure in Deaf Education or Special Education with a specialization in hearing impairment is a plus
Knowledge of Deaf Culture and Sign Language: Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL)
Experience and Skills: Prior experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing is highly desirable. Strong instructional skills, including the ability to adapt teaching methods to meet individual needs, use assistive technologies, and develop individualized education plans (IEPs), are essential.
Compliance with Legal Requirements: Familiarity with laws and regulations governing special education, such as the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Competitive pay based on experience
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
401K plan with company matching
If you are interested, please complete the application and either attach your resume or send it directly to [email protected]. Feel free to contact me via email or give me a call at 678-373-0450 if you have any questions or if you want to hear more about additional opportunities we may have!
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Arlington, VATeacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHHT) Location: Arlington, VA Employment Type: Full-Time Contract (Hourly) Contract Period: 2023-2024 School Year Company: Procare Therapy Procare Therapy, a leading provider of special education and healthcare staffing services, is seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHHT) to join our team for the 2023-2024 school year. As a DHHT teacher, you will play a crucial
- Ontario, CATeacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHHT) - Full Time Contract Position (Hourly) Location: Ontario, CA Employer: Procare Therapy Contract Duration: 2023-2024 School Year Procare Therapy is seeking a passionate and dedicated Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHHT) to join our team for the 2023-2024 school year. This position is based in Ontario, CA, and offers a fulfilling opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of s
- Woodlawn, TNWe have partnered with a great district near Woodlawn, TN that is looking for a full-time Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to come on board for the new school year. This is an excellent school district, with lots of support, and a wonderful and welcoming team environment. Requirements: Master s degree Active TN license Relevant experience About the Position: Full time K-12 On site only Additional Incentives: Compe
- Elko, NVVirtual Services need at a School District for Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing VocoVision features an advanced application architecture that provides rich, high-resolution content sharing that doesn’t require a large amount of bandwidth (unlike typical video conferencing systems). All of which come together to eliminate the barriers that have prevented so many children from receiving the quality therapy they desperately
- Rawlins, WYVirtual Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in WY Vocovision is hiring a DHHT to take on a mild to moderate caseload for a K-12 district. Transitioning from being an onsite therapist to a TeleInstructor adds a unique skill to not only your resume, but your career path as well! Worried about how TeleTherapy actually works?? No worries. Our team will help you transition from being an ONSITE DHHT to a TeleInstructor for the
- Mooresville, INProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in Mooresville, IN looking for someone to join their team as a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher for this school year! See below for additional details: Job Type: Full Time Start ASAP Onsite PreK-12th grades More details discussed upon interview Qualifications Must have DHH credentials in IN Previous school experience preferred Benefits: Weekly co
- Home, CATeacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Full Time School District Position Be a part of our team! Apply to become a DHHT! ProCare is a TelePractice company that is partnered with school districts across the nation. We provide clinical and technical training for all our Teachers for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Therapist have the ability to create their own work schedule within the school district’s school s
- Lobeco, SCJob Title: Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Contracted Position) Company: Soliant Location: Lobeco, SC Overview: Are you a passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing seeking an enriching career opportunity? Soliant is currently hiring a Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for the 2023-2024 school year near the Lobeco, SC area. This contracted position offers a chance to make a meaningful impact on the education of stude
- Parris Island, SCJob Title: Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (Contracted Position) Company: Soliant Location Near: Parris Island, SC Overview: Are you a passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing seeking an enriching career opportunity? Soliant is currently hiring a Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for the 2023-2024 school year near the Parris Island, SC area. This contracted position offers a chance to make a meaningful impact on the
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.