DHH Teacher West of Dallas, TX - 2023-2024 School Year
Seeking a passionate and qualified Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher to join our inclusive educational team. As a DHH Teacher, you will play a pivotal role in empowering students with hearing impairments by providing specialized instruction, fostering a supportive learning environment, and utilizing innovative teaching strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Gather supplies, and equipment for each lesson ready at the start of the study or instructional activity
Whole-class instruction and small-group instruction
Monitor the behavior of all students during whole-class, small group, and seat work activities and transitions between instructional activities
Introduce the study or instructional activity and specific learning objectives when appropriate; speaks fluently and precisely; present the lesson or instructional activity using concepts and language understandable to the students; provide relevant examples and demonstrations to illustrate concepts and skills
Conduct lesson or instructional activity at a brisk pace, slowing presentations when necessary for student understanding but avoiding slowdowns; makes transitions between classes and between instructional activities within lessons efficiently and smoothly
Education and Certification: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field is typically required.
Certification or licensure in Deaf Education or Special Education with a specialization in hearing impairment is a plus
Knowledge of Deaf Culture and Sign Language: Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL)
Experience and Skills: Prior experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing is highly desirable. Strong instructional skills, including the ability to adapt teaching methods to meet individual needs, use assistive technologies, and develop individualized education plans (IEPs), are essential.
Compliance with Legal Requirements: Familiarity with laws and regulations governing special education, such as the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
Competitive pay based on experience
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
401K plan with company matching
If you are interested, please complete the application and either attach your resume or send it directly to [email protected]. Feel free to contact me via email or give me a call at 678-373-0450 if you have any questions or if you want to hear more about additional opportunities we may have!
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Groveton, VAAre you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing? Join our team as a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT) and help shape the educational journey of our students. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is committed to providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized ed
- Fort Hunt, VA
- Eureka, CAWe're seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to join our team in Eureka, CA. If you're committed to making a positive impact on students' lives and have the expertise to work with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, we want to hear from you! Position Details: Location: Eureka, CA Email: [email protected] Job Type: Full-Time Pay: Competitive Hourly Rate ($37-43+/hour) Responsibilitie
- Alrington, VAJoin our dedicated team as a Full-Time Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Arlington, VA. We are passionate about providing quality education and support to students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Create and implement engaging lesson plans tailored to the needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment. Collaborate with fellow educators, parents, and support staff to ensu
- Arlington, VADHH Teaching Opportunity in Virginia! ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher for an exciting job opportunity in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about providing quality education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we want to hear from you! Job Title: DHH Teacher Location: Arlington, VA Employment type: Fulltime / 35-40 hrs. per week Caseloa
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in Arlington, VA looking for someone to join their team as a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher for this school year! See below for additional details: Job Type: Full 23/24 SY Multiple school sites 35-40 hours per week K-12 Onsite More details discussed upon interview Qualifications Must have DHH credentials in VA Previous school experience preferred
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy is seeking a dedicated and qualified Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) for a full-time position in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with hearing impairments, we want to hear from you! Key Details: Location: Arlington, VA Start Date: ASAP Position: Full-Time License: VA DHH License required Responsibilities: Provide specialized instruction to students w
- Chicago, ILI am working with a school district near Chicago, IL that is in need of a Deaf/Hard of Hearing Teacher for the upcoming school year. This job will be: Part-time 15 hours per week Work with 2 students with varied disabilities and disorders Perform basic TDHH duties, work with staff and parents Qualifications Required: Active IL TDHH License Previous experience is preferred Please apply here today to be
- Mooresville, INAre you a dedicated Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing seeking a rewarding full-time position in Mooresville, IN? Look no further! We have an exciting opportunity available for immediate hire. Position Details: Location: Mooresville, IN Start Date: ASAP Type: Full-Time Salary: Competitive Hourly Pay Requirements: Valid certification as a Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Passion for fostering an inclusive learning enviro
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.