Full-Time DHH Near Fremont, California
Job Summary: As a DHH Teacher, you will play a critical role in providing specialized instruction and support to students with hearing loss, ensuring their academic and social success. Your expertise in working with the DHH population and proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) will contribute to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment.
Position type: Full-Time
Caseload: 2nd - 5th grade; about 13 kids
Pay range: $40 - $50 per hour
- Provide specialized instruction to students with hearing loss, adapting curriculum and materials to meet individual needs and learning styles.
- Create and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students, setting appropriate goals and objectives.
- Utilize various teaching strategies and technologies to enhance communication and maximize learning outcomes.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive classroom environment that promotes the social and emotional development of students.
- Utilize American Sign Language (ASL) and other communication modalities to facilitate effective communication with students and support their language development.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other professionals to ensure that the educational needs of DHH students are met across all subjects and settings.
- Assess student progress, track data, and provide ongoing feedback to students, parents, and the educational team.
- Act as a resource and advocate for DHH students, promoting awareness and understanding of hearing loss and deaf culture within the school community.
- Stay updated on best practices, assistive technologies, and research in the field of Deaf and Hard of Hearing education.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education.
- Valid teaching certification in Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and strong communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Experience working with students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in an educational setting. • Knowledge of specialized instructional strategies and accommodations for students with hearing loss.
- Familiarity with assistive technologies and adaptive equipment used by DHH students. • Ability to create a positive and inclusive learning environment that fosters student growth and self-advocacy.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills to work effectively with colleagues, parents, and support staff.
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans as well as 401k with employer match
- Tax-free stipends available to those who qualify.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Groveton, VAAre you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing? Join our team as a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT) and help shape the educational journey of our students. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is committed to providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized ed
- Fort Hunt, VAAre you passionate about making a difference in the lives of students who are deaf or hard of hearing? Join our team as a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher (DHHT) and help shape the educational journey of our students. We are seeking an enthusiastic professional who is committed to providing specialized instruction, support, and advocacy for students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Develop and implement individualized ed
- Eureka, CAWe're seeking a dedicated and passionate Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to join our team in Eureka, CA. If you're committed to making a positive impact on students' lives and have the expertise to work with the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, we want to hear from you! Position Details: Location: Eureka, CA Email: [email protected] Job Type: Full-Time Pay: Competitive Hourly Rate ($37-43+/hour) Responsibilitie
- Alrington, VAJoin our dedicated team as a Full-Time Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Arlington, VA. We are passionate about providing quality education and support to students with hearing impairments. Responsibilities: Create and implement engaging lesson plans tailored to the needs of deaf and hard-of-hearing students. Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment. Collaborate with fellow educators, parents, and support staff to ensu
- Arlington, VADHH Teaching Opportunity in Virginia! ProCare Therapy is currently seeking a dedicated Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Teacher for an exciting job opportunity in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about providing quality education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, we want to hear from you! Job Title: DHH Teacher Location: Arlington, VA Employment type: Fulltime / 35-40 hrs. per week Caseloa
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy has teamed up with an excellent school district in Arlington, VA looking for someone to join their team as a Deaf and Hard of Hearing Teacher for this school year! See below for additional details: Job Type: Full 23/24 SY Multiple school sites 35-40 hours per week K-12 Onsite More details discussed upon interview Qualifications Must have DHH credentials in VA Previous school experience preferred
- Arlington, VAProCare Therapy is seeking a dedicated and qualified Teacher of Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) for a full-time position in Arlington, VA. If you are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with hearing impairments, we want to hear from you! Key Details: Location: Arlington, VA Start Date: ASAP Position: Full-Time License: VA DHH License required Responsibilities: Provide specialized instruction to students w
- Chicago, ILI am working with a school district near Chicago, IL that is in need of a Deaf/Hard of Hearing Teacher for the upcoming school year. This job will be: Part-time 15 hours per week Work with 2 students with varied disabilities and disorders Perform basic TDHH duties, work with staff and parents Qualifications Required: Active IL TDHH License Previous experience is preferred Please apply here today to be
- Mooresville, INAre you a dedicated Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing seeking a rewarding full-time position in Mooresville, IN? Look no further! We have an exciting opportunity available for immediate hire. Position Details: Location: Mooresville, IN Start Date: ASAP Type: Full-Time Salary: Competitive Hourly Pay Requirements: Valid certification as a Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Passion for fostering an inclusive learning enviro
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.