Itinerant Deaf Education Teacher near Biron, WI
Deaf Education Teacher near Biron Wisconsin
Soliant Schools is searching for an experienced Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing for a contract position near Biron, Wisconsin. They are looking for an Experienced DHH to add to their team, however, new graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply. This is a full time position providing itinerant services to a K-12 case load.
The Teacher, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program teaches individuals with hearing disabilities, providing a program and instruction to promote cognitive, academic, communication and language, behavioral and social, and physical development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as case manager for students enrolled in his/her case load which includes but is not limited to: prepares future Individualized Education Plan (IEP) forms utilizing web based IEP system; receives and distributes reports for service provider unable to attend IEP; notifies administrator and/or staff regarding student information or assessment plans; cochairs each IEP following a prescribed format; completes web based IEP paperwork within prescribed time period; and ensures a copy of delivery of the signed IEP to administrator.
- Plans and records monthly work schedule in electronic calendar (Outlook) at least 30 days in advance and records any changes as they occur to ensure accurate IEP scheduling.
- Diagnoses and programs instruction for individual learners.
- Plans, administers, and interprets student evaluations.
- Prepares written reports as required.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with parents, guardians, and significant others.
- Meets with parents on a regular basis to review student progress and works on individual education-related needs.
- Works closely with other members of the program staff to develop and maintain curriculum and standards.
- Participates in transition plans for students moving to other environments.
- Works cooperatively with personnel from the student's district of residence and/or outside agencies providing service to the student and family.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, classes, staff meetings and visitations.
- 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day), Monday- Friday
- Bell schedule is determined by school district
- Wisconsin Deaf Education License
- Preferred: Previous experience working as a Teacher of the Deaf in a public school
- Master’s degree or higher in a related field
If you would like more information, contact Jessica Williams at (770)557-3222
Apply now to this position or send your resume to [email protected] today to learn about other teaching positions available in your area.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Bayshore, WA
- Red Bluff, CA
- Redding, CA
- Lake Ariel, PA
- Rouse, CA
- Greenville, OH
- Oildale, CA
- St. Henry, OH
- Piqua, OH
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.