Teacher for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) - Berkeley, CA
Job Title: Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH)
Location: Berkeley, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: We are seeking a qualified and passionate Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) to join our team at Sunbelt in Berkeley CA. As a TDHH, you will play a crucial role in providing specialized education and support to students who are deaf or hard of hearing. This is a full-time position within our school district.
- Provide direct instruction to students who are deaf or hard of hearing, both individually and in small groups, in accordance with their Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
- Adapt and modify instructional materials and strategies to meet students' unique learning needs and communication preferences.
- Teach students communication skills, including sign language, speech, and auditory training.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other support staff to ensure students' educational needs are met in inclusive settings.
- Assess students' progress, monitor their performance, and provide ongoing feedback.
- Attend IEP meetings and contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of IEP goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with parents and guardians to provide updates on student progress and discuss strategies for supporting learning at home.
- Stay updated on assistive technology tools and resources to enhance students' learning experiences.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of student progress, interventions, and assessments.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- Valid California teaching credential or certification in Deaf Education.
- Fluency in American Sign Language (ASL) and familiarity with other communication modalities used by students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, preferably in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of instructional methods, strategies, and curriculum materials specific to the needs of students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and support staff.
Application Process: If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected]. Please include "Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) – Berkeley, CA" in the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- El Segundo, CA
- Nevada City, CA
- Berkeley, CA
- El Cajon, CA
- Weymouth, MA
- Oakland, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Bakersfield, CA
- Hawthorne, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.