Teacher of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students, Wilkes-Barre PA
Calling on certified Teachers of Deaf and Hard of hearing students! Soliant is seeking a part-time, contract Teacher to cover multiple schools in Wyoming and Luzerne County, PA.
The applicant will be covering several school buildings, working with students from preschool to high school.
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Effectively communicate with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collect data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
In order to work with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, applicants must be certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at email@example.com I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Ravensdale, WA
- Dallas, TX
- Willits, CA
- Lakeport, CA
- Cloverdale, CA
- Fayetteville, GA
- Forest Park, GA
- Rapid City, SD
- Santa Rosa, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.