Teacher of Deaf Students, Poughkeepsie NY
One of Soliant's partners, located in the area of Poughkeepsie, NY, is interviewing applicants for a position as a Teacher of Deaf and Hard of hearing students.
Details of this position below:
- 2018-2019 school year
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Work with 1-2 students
- Applicants must be certified to teach Deaf and Hard-of-hearing students
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Effectively communicate with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collect data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
We seek teachers who are well-organized and who have some experience working with deaf and hard-of-hearing student populations. The ability to work well as part of a team, and to communicate with school staff and student caregivers, is essential too.
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at [email protected] I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Poughkeepsie, NYOne of Soliant's partners, located in the area of Poughkeepsie, NY, is interviewing applicants for a position as a Teacher of Deaf and Hard of hearing students. Details of this position below: 2018-2019 school year Full-time (37.5 hours per week) Work with 1-2 students Applicants must be certified to teach Deaf and Hard-of-hearing students Responsibilities include: Providing direct instruction and/or consultative servic
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.