Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Job-Hiring Now-Merry Hill North Carolina
Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Job-Part time-Hiring Now-Merry Hill North Carolina
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to join our team. This is an hourly paid, part time (16 hrs/week) position
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, in collaboration with other professionals, parents, and guardians.
- Provide specialized instruction in areas such as speech, language development, auditory skills, reading, writing, and mathematics, tailored to each student's abilities and needs.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques, resources, and assistive technologies to enhance student engagement and learning outcomes.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment that promotes a sense of belonging and encourages students' self-advocacy and independence.
- Collaborate with general education teachers and other specialists to promote the inclusion of students who are deaf or hard of hearing in the regular classroom setting.
- Assess and monitor students' progress regularly, adjusting instructional strategies and interventions as needed to ensure their academic growth.
- Provide guidance and support to families and caregivers, helping them understand and navigate the educational system and empowering them to support their child's learning and development..
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to student progress, IEP goals, and communication with parents and other professionals.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Deaf Education, Special Education, or a related field.
- Valid teaching certification or licensure specific to Deaf Education.
- Fluency in sign language (ASL) is essential, along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, preferably in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of instructional strategies, accommodations, and assistive technologies for students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Ability to develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) and modify curriculum materials to meet students' diverse needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and other professionals.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for working with students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and adjust instructional strategies accordingly.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 401k retirement plan
- weekly pay
- Clinical team for support
- competitive hourly pay
Not a match? Continue your search below.
Recent DHH Jobs
- Cleveland, OH
- Hudson, OH
- San Jacinto, CA
- Downey, CA
- Downey, CA
- Sacramento, CA
- Santa Monica, CA
- Chicago, IL
- San Francisco, CA
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.