Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing near Shelburne, Massachusetts
Soliant is working with a school district near the Shelburne, MA area that needs a full-time Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing! The teacher would assist for the school year in an elementary school.. The director is reviewing resumes, so apply now!
About the Position:
- Full Time
- Teach primarily in an elementary school, possibly co-teaching with a classroom teacher, with one or more students
using the listening and spoken language approach to communication
- As needed, provide specialized instruction or consultation related to other students with hearing loss as needed
pursuant to student’s individualized education program (IEP)
- Work effectively with a team of general education and special education teachers, consulting audiologist, other
related service providers, and with administrators
- Plan instruction effectively, engaging learners and uses appropriate instructional techniques.
- Plan and prepare for IEP and parent meetings and complete IEP related documentation
- Monitor student’s use of hearing aids, cochlear implants, and FM technology
- Participate in staff meetings, team meetings, and professional development activities
- Provide training to other staff regarding student needs, communication, interpreting, technology, and other relevant
topics as needed
- Serve as special education liaison if needed
- Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Certification from the Massachusetts Department of Education
To be considered for employment, please apply online and send your resume to Courtney Allen by email at: [email protected]
Recent DHH Jobs
- Bayshore, WA
- Red Bluff, CA
- Redding, CA
- Lake Ariel, PA
- Rouse, CA
- Greenville, OH
- Oildale, CA
- St. Henry, OH
- Piqua, OH
What are you looking for in your next job?
Posting your resume on DHHJobs.com is Free! Submit your resume and be on your way to gaining the exposure you need to find your next DHH teacher job.